Business Development Manager
Sales / Horsham, PA
About Thomas Publishing
Thomas Publishing Company LLC, a private, family-owned and operated company, connects buyers and suppliers across all industrial sectors. As an innovative information leader for over a century, our Company has evolved from an industrial trade print publisher into industry’s most respected and utilized group of digital-friendly businesses.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager who is looking for a great opportunity to lead and grow a team of outbound business development representatives.
- Motivate, inspire, coach and train your outbound lead generation staff to success
- Be able to recruit, hire and manage talented business development reps
- Hold your lead generation team accountable to surpass their weekly quotas and activity
- Work closely with outside Sales Management to schedule lead appointments efficiently
- Develop a winning culture for the Business Development Department
- Ensure that the lead generation group sets quality appointments
- Have and maintain a sense of urgency in his/her management style
- Manage lead assignment, reporting, activity, training and coaching.
- Exceed personal appointment quota (this is a producing BD management position)
- Perform database cleanup and database expansion.
- Minimum of 3 years managing an outbound Business Development Team or Sales Team with a proven track record of success in a B2B environment
- Experience with Salesforce.com CRM
- Extremely strong communication skills required both in person and over the phone
- Experience working independently with accountability and adapting to changing priorities and business environments
Compensation will include a base salary plus incentive for performance.