Business Development Manager
Sales / Horsham, PA
Are you great at motivating, inspiring and coaching a team?
We are seeking a Business Development Manager who is looking for a great opportunity to lead and grow a team of outbound business development representatives.
You are: an exceptional Business Development Manager who thrives on motivating, inspiring and training your outbound lead generation team to success. You’re totally focused on helping your team meet and beat their weekly quotas and activity. And you excel at leading by example: you can coach your team while also hitting and exceeding your own quota.
We are: An innovative, information leader for over a century. Thomas has evolved from an industrial trade print publisher into an information and technology business connecting buyers and suppliers across all industrial sectors. For buyers, our flagship platform, ThomasNet.com, has the most up to date and comprehensive product and company information on the market today. For suppliers, ThomasNet.com offers cutting edge proprietary technology designed to improve the performance of their sales channels and websites.
Your role as our Business Development Manager:
- Recruit, hire and manage talented business development reps
- Hold your lead generation team accountable to surpass their weekly quotas and activity
- Work closely with outside Sales Management to schedule lead appointments efficiently
- Develop a winning culture for the Business Development Department
- Ensure that the lead generation group sets quality appointments
- Have and maintain a sense of urgency in his/her management style
- Manage lead assignment, reporting, activity, training and coaching.
- Exceed personal appointment quota (this is a producing BD management position)
- Perform database cleanup and database expansion.
Job Requirements for the Business Development Manager:
- Minimum of 3 years managing an outbound Business Development Team or Sales Team with a proven track record of success in a B2B environment
- Experience with Salesforce.com CRM
- Extremely strong communication skills required both in person and over the phone
- Experience working independently with accountability and adapting to changing priorities and business environments
What we Offer:
- Competitive compensation: base salary plus incentive for performance
- Great benefits including 4 weeks PTO, medical, dental, & 401K
- Summer Fridays
- Training and career growth opportunities
Interested in becoming our next Business Development Manager? Apply today!