Digital Marketing Content Writer
Marketing / New York, NY
Join ThomasNet’s award-winning, agency-style marketing team as a Digital Marketing Content Writer, responsible for creating high quality, technical content on behalf of our clients.
You Are: A skilled content writer with a “get s**t done” attitude, respect for deadlines, and a fierce drive to learn. You like working independently to produce high-volume content, but also appreciate a team atmosphere for brainstorming/strategy development and enjoy being a part of a growing company culture.
We Are: Thomas Publishing Company, a 100+ year-old, family-owned business located in the heart of NYC with a proven record of connecting buyers and sellers in the industrial field. Our marketing team creates new digital marketing initiatives and executes unique campaigns on behalf of diverse clients across the manufacturing and engineering industries. With a fast-paced, agency-style feel, we foster innovation, encourage creativity, and support your professional growth.
Your Role as our Content Writer:
- (70%) Write original technical content for blogs, eBooks, web pages, press releases, and other marketing pieces on behalf of clients by translating technical material into effective, engaging marketing copy for a wide range of audiences. Working closely with the Digital Marketing Strategy team, the content writer develops ideas, plan outlines, conduct research, incorporate SEO best practices, and strategize the best approaches to engage diverse audiences in order to drive direct results.
- (15%) Interview and speak with clients to gather primary source information, develop future content ideas, and more accurately target content during the writing process.
- (15%) Edit and optimize content developed by other members of the team, iterating based on client feedback. The content writer also updates content to meet the specific needs of a new marketing campaign.
Your Ideal Background:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Journalism. Communications and English majors also encouraged.
- 2+ years of writing experience preferred, ideally as a content writer, with at least 1 year spent working in a fast-paced content production environment working on both long-form, in-depth feature research stories and short-form, deadline-driven stories.
- Excellent communication skills combined with the confidence and ability to lead discussions among a variety of team members and clients.
- Ability to work quickly and collaboratively with a “get s**t done” attitude to support the team in achieving success for clients.
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills, especially in translating complex information for broad audiences.
- Experience interviewing sources for content pieces or experience in another client-facing role. Candidates must be comfortable speaking with clients.
- Impeccable organization skills and ability to manage own workload under deadline.
- Proficient with MS Office and Google Drive. Familiarity with AP style encouraged.
- Knowledge of industrial manufacturing helpful but not required. (Training will be provided.)
We offer great pay and benefits (including generous time off) and are located right near Penn Station in NYC.
Want to be our next Digital Marketing Content Writer? Apply today!