Marketing Data Analyst
Marketing / New York, NY
Help Drive our Business and Marketing Intelligence
If working with databases and analyzing data for business decisions is your sweet spot, this is a career move for you. It’s a great opportunity to work on a collaborative Marketing Intelligence team that delivers actionable intelligence to key decision makers.
How this Job Matters …
The successful candidate will provide relevant data to enable effective management of the reporting system that tracks website activity on ThomasNet.com domains. You’ll monitor activity on these sites and assist with reporting and analyzing critical information.
Who We Are …
We’re ThomasNet, a leader in connecting industrial buyers and sellers through an array of internet marketing, content development, and technology solutions. Please visit us at www.ThomasNet.com. We are looking to bring on a Marketing Data Analyst to work with our Market Intelligence team. The successful candidate will provide relevant data to enable effective management of the reporting system that tracks website activity on ThomasNet.com domains.
What You’ll Do, Day-to-Day …
1. Assist the Web Analytics Manager with ad-hoc analysis by writing MySQL queries that will extract information from the data warehouse.
2. Analyze data and create reports in a presentable format:
• Retrieve appropriate data from the web analytics tool
• Compile output and develop reports on Excel and Tableau
• Write analysis (i.e. observations, insights, recommendations) based on compiled data
• Produce weekly, bi-weekly and monthly Excel reports for management
3. Investigate significant changes in traffic on ThomasNet.com domains and identify the cause of the changes through investigation that will require the use of MySQL
4. QA report tracking tags to ensure that tags that will be implemented on the site match the ones on the tagging documentation
• Minimum 1 year experience with databases such as MySQL (preferred), SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access, etc. and writing MySQL queries.
• Must be able to write MySQL queries from scratch and create views on MySQL for Tableau
• Must be able to create calculated fields, dashboards, and use MySQL views on Tableau
• Minimum 1 year of practical experience with Excel. Must be highly comfortable with using vlookup, named ranges, pivot tables, macros, etc.
• Minimum 1 year of practical experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau (preferred), Microstrategy, Cognos, SAP, etc.
• Experience with web analytics tools such as WebTrends, Google Analytics, Omniture, Tealium preferred
• Knowledge of web analytics and/or experience with business reporting
• Knowledge of web metrics (e.g. Visits, Bounce Rates, Page Views, Impressions, Clicks, CTR, CPC, etc.) highly preferred
• Experience with web analytics tagging a plus
• Knowledge of database and web architecture a plus
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• College degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or Computer Science/MIS preferred