Junior Support Engineer
Engineering / New York, NY
Grow Your Career in IT Support with an Industry Leader
Who We Are:
For over a hundred years Thomas has been a premier resource for the procurement process in the industrial marketplace. Today, our digital marketing solutions help suppliers share product information with prospective buyers. Engineers and procurement professionals use our web-based tools to source industrial products and services. Please check us out at www.thomaspublishing.com to learn about our brands.
Who You Are:
. . . a hands-on IT professional with superior customer service skills interested in using your experience to support employees and field sales for an entrepreneurial leader in the digital space. You enjoy working in a Help Desk environment and have a knack for successfully troubleshooting a variety of IT support issues.
Please note: This position is based in New York City with 10% travel to Horsham, Pa.
What You’ll Do Day-to-Day:
• Serve as first point of contact (Tier 1 HelpDesk) for the company’s users.
• Answer HelpDesk phone and create tickets in the HelpDesk system, resolving issues when possible and escalating where appropriate.
• Resolve common PC and Mac client issues via phone, remote control, or deskside visits.
• Set up new user hardware, software, e-mail, and network accounts, as well as coordinate any user moves.
• Resolve common network, telephone, and e-mail issues, such as unlocking accounts and resetting passwords as necessary.
• Uphold IT service level agreements regarding desktop and telephony support.
• Perform troubleshooting on printers, mobile computing devices, scanners and other devices.
• Update software and hardware asset databases.
• Perform patch management and software updates on desktops.
• Provide necessary reporting on support activities to IT management.
• Assist other IT team members in the delivery of support and administration of company systems.
• Suggest end-user documentation and knowledgebase articles, to senior staff, and create said articles at management’s discretion.
• Assist in evaluation and deployment of new systems and technologies.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with all enterprise departments to optimize effective communications and customer service.
• Maintain current technical expertise and utilize state-of-the-art techniques when implementing solutions.
• A minimum of 2 years experience in supporting desktop technology in a corporate environment.
• Superior customer relationship skills, positive attitude, and excellent verbal communication skills.
• Strong knowledge and experience of the following: Google Apps, Microsoft Windows (7 and 10), macOS, Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
• Some knowledge and experience with various web-based SaaS solutions.
• Some knowledge and experience with ChromeOS and Linux are a plus.
• Experience with a variety of mobile computing platforms (iOS, Android)
• Hands-on experience diagnosing printers and peripherals
• Strong technical aptitude, with the ability and desire to independently learn new technologies.
• Working familiarity with basic Active Directory administration, printer hardware and queue administration, networking concepts including; Ethernet, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VPN, and file sharing.
• Must be highly productive and have sense of urgency, with a desire to be a part of a results-oriented team.
• Desire to constantly elevate the quality and level of service delivered to the staff.
• Associate’s degree in Information Technology or a related field is required, bachelor’s degree is a plus
• Certifications such as A+, Network+, Security+, or other, are a plus
• Able to travel to Horsham, Pa 10% of the time