Paid Marketing/Sales Internship – Flexible Hours (20 Hours/Week)
Internship, Marketing / New York, NY
Are you a local college student looking for a hands-on experience in a sales and marketing department? We have a great *paid* internship for a smart, hard-working business or marketing student. The ideal candidate can work 20 hours (schedule can be flexible), and we are located in midtown-NYC, near Penn Station.
ThomasNet is the premier leader in Internet marketing solutions for small and mid-size industrial companies. Please visit us at www.ThomasNet.com to learn more about us.
As an Intern in our Marketing department, you’ll work on activities related to one or more phases of the sales cycle, including:
- Sales Collateral Fulfillment
- Fulfill and ship literature/collateral requests received by sales reps
- Update inventory records
- Track orders via shipping source
- Keep physical inventory of materials stored in New York office up to date and organized
- Sales Orientation Meeting Preparation
- Update orientation binders with handout materials and sales collateral
- Ship materials and binders to Horsham to arrive ahead of class start date
- Keep inventory of supplies housed in Horsham facility up-to-date and restock/send supplies as needed
- College Job Board Database
- Maintain and update database of approximately 500 college and university job boards. Create accounts as necessary and keep job posting for Independent Sales Representative up-to-date. Post jobs for Thomas Publishing Human Resources as requested.
- Compile competitive information, geographical data and miscellaneous requests as need by team.
- Support meeting planning group with research on restaurants or activities around meeting site.
- Sales Meeting Support
- Research give-aways and get quotes as needed for all things needed for our National or Regional Sales Meetings
- Corporate Credit Card
- Reconcile monthly corporate credit card with detailed back-up from staff who were authorized to make purchases
- Update and file back-up to report binder
- Logo database – Archive company logos for reporting database.
- Use company websites and web to accumulate files.
- Resize logos as needed.
- Add descriptive copy about company as needed
- Assist with ad hoc initiatives such as small postal mailings and photocopying materials for meetings. Update and create miscellaneous PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets on request. Order office supplies for department. Occasionally order food/beverage for meetings.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Current status: pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate effectively across all levels in the organization
- Possess the knowledge and skills required to work in a corporate office setting
- Solid work ethic
- Socially mature and self-confident
- Customer service orientation
- Able to take direction and feed-back well
- Able to digest new information quickly and apply it productively
- Consistent and dependable in their work habits
- Enjoy multi-tasking and creative problem-solving
- Work comfortably and effectively in a highly collaborative environment
- Familiarity with Internet search engines and research databases
- Experience with Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint and basic computer operations