Editorial / New York, NY
Are you a People Person with Strong Project Management Skills?
Grow your Career with us as our new Production Manager!
What we do: With millions of user sessions each month, ThomasNet.com is the world’s preferred resource for efficiently sourcing, specifying and buying the products and services that keep manufacturing and other business operations running. Our core audience of engineers and buyers rely on ThomasNet.com’s comprehensive database for accurate, up to date information about suppliers. Please visit us at: www.ThomasNet.com.
Why the Production Manager job matters:
This is a key position in ThomasNet’s Editorial Department (the department that maintains this database behind ThomasNet.com.) The Production Manager ensures that work being done by the team is accurate and meets production deadlines while constantly communicating with a wide variety of stakeholders who must be kept ‘in the loop’ continually.
Major responsibilities for the Production Manager:
- Manage ongoing editorial work to improve content and ensure deadlines are met
- Work with Director to scope new department initiatives, determine resource allocations and workflow processes
- Establish quality control procedures to ensure work is completed to standards
- Monitor team productivity to ensure deadlines are met
- Analyze data to monitor and manage team productivity and create data models, using tools, such as Excel and Access
- Supervise and manage content team:
- Provide feedback and coaching for staff
- Provide staff with appropriate support for problem resolution
- Ensure staff productivity and job performance meet expectation
- Identify areas for improvement and implement changes
- Develop and maintain status reports for ongoing work
Requirements for Production Manager:
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing a team in a deadline driven production environment
- Strong analytical, decision-making skills and the ability to troubleshoot workflow issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Strong MS Office skills, specifically with Excel and Access
- Excellent computer skills and Internet research ability
- Able to work overtime as necessary
- College degree
- Familiarity with databases and working with digital production, ideally as a production manager in an online, database driven environment