Support Engineer – Helpdesk
Engineering / New York, NY
Are You a HelpDesk Support Pro?
If so, this may be your next great career opportunity. The Support Engineer is a hands-on position that supports internal employees and contractors with reference to a variety of platforms and form factors. Support Engineer includes (but is not limited to): Windows, Mac, mobile computing devices, VoIP devices, and all associated peripherals.
Please note: This job is located in New York City with 10% travel to our Horsham, Pa location.
Who We Are:
For over a hundred years Thomas has been a premier resource for the procurement process in the industrial marketplace. Today, our digital marketing solutions help suppliers share product information with prospective buyers. Engineers and procurement professionals use our web-based tools to source industrial products and services. Please check us out at www.thomaspublishing.com to learn about our brands.
Day-to-Day Tasks of Support Engineer:
• Manage and maintain PC/Mac images and imaging systems.
• The Support Engineer manages and maintains Anti-Virus / Anti-Malware solution.
• Work with various vendors for end-user related hardware configurations and issues (i.e.: Dell, Apple, VoIP providers, etc). Includes building quotes for business stakeholders to review and approve, based on established budgets, as well as coordinating any on-site or off-site repairs needed.
• Periodically review internal server security policies in terms of end-user rights and folder management, and take corrective action as necessary, as well as suggest future improvements to management.
• Assist in the delegation of HelpDesk support tickets to both junior technicians and escalating to other support groups when necessary.
• Maintain the self-serve knowledge base for end-users by creating and updating support articles as necessary.
• Support audio/video equipment in conference rooms.
• Assist with the management and maintenance of SaaS platforms, including license management.
• Assist and mentor junior technicians.
• Assist with IT related invoice processing.
• Work with senior IT staff and management on new projects and initiatives as they emerge.
Support Engineer Requirements:
• 3-5 Years of Technology experience in supporting desktop/laptop hardware, and related peripheral technologies.
• A deep experience and understanding of the following: Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, Microsoft Office, Google Apps
• Significant experience with the following technologies: Active Directory Administration, iOS, Android, Mobile device configuration and management, VoIP, Printer hardware and queue administration, PC network connectivity including ethernet, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS and VPN, file sharing
• Experience working and administering a HelpDesk ticketing system (e.g. Zendesk)
• Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users
• Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills with a desire to constantly elevate the quality and level of service delivered to the staff
• Certifications such as A+, Network+, Security+, or other, are a plus
• Ability to travel approximately 10% of the time to Horsham, PA location
• Associate’s degree in Information Technology or a related field is required, bachelor’s degree is a plus